Hair loss causes and treatment varies and depends upon etiology. There are different hair loss causes and treatment available and they usually differ from one person to another. However, understand the reason behind hair loss can help you in finding a treatment that is suitable for your condition. Some of the most popular hair loss causes and treatment are:-
- Aging:- Hair loss usually starts between the ages of 21 to 50 years old. Even though many people lose their hair later on, this doesn’t mean that younger people won’t face it as well.
- Using Cosmetic Chemicals: – Cosmetic chemicals are one of the main reasons why individuals can suffer from hair loss. This is why you need to try to avoid using bleaches and dyes all the time.
- Medications and radiation: – Medications such as antidepressants and contraceptive pills can play a big role in hair loss. Other treatments like chemotherapy or radiation can also lead to hair loss.
- Heredity:- Hair loss that takes place due to heredity reasons is known as alopecia. Although it is more common with males, this doesn’t mean that it won’t happen with females as well.
- Imbalance in hormones:- When the hormones are unbalanced, this can lead to severe hair loss. Individuals who have a thyroid gland that is under active can also suffer from this problem.
- Infections:- Infections are one of the main hair loss causes and treatment for it is really easy using shampoos and pills. However, it is recommended that you seek consultation from a doctor first so he can select a treatment that is appropriate for you.
- : Menopause: – This can be a main cause of hair loss in women. Due to hormonal changes after menopause, some women find their hair begins to thin.
- : Pregnancy: – Three months after delivering a baby, women may begin noticing that their hair is starting to gall. However, this is completely normal and it is due to the hormonal change that takes place in the women’s body during and after the pregnancy.
- Stress and Nervous Disorders: – Stress is one of the main reasons why hair loss may take place but it is usually temporary and it will stop once the stress is over. However, it is also recommended to consult a doctor because you might nice additional healthy treatment such as zinc pills to get rid of the stress effectively and prevent it from coming back.
The good news here is that most of these causes have effective treatments. Even though some of these treatments will take a longer time than others depending on the reason behind hair loss, all you need is a bit of motivation and patience to get rid of your problem effectively.